Monday, September 19, 2011

We're Still Here!

Turns out I'm not as great a blogger as I thought I would be. We didn't have internet access from our home for over a year, and we just got busy, busy, busy.

So. What's new? Just about everything. We live in Denver now. John has a new job, I have a new-ish job (it's been a year), I pulled the kids out of their schools and am homeschooling all four of them part-time (They attend "regular" school two days a week. It's an interesting arrangement, but it works for us). Oh, yeah. I also learned how to knot. :) I mean knit. That was a typo, but I'll leave it beause it seems to be a true statement. I haven't actually made anything yet. Half a scarf, but I ended up pulling the whole thing out because of... well... reference the above typo.

I still haven't decided the "purpose" of my blog. Is it to replace my journal? Is it for therapeutic decompression during my down time? Do I even HAVE down time? Whatever the reason, I am blogging again. We'll see how long this lasts.

My baby girl has a new boyfriend. He's Mormon! That's a first for her. He's a good boy, wants to go on a mission, opens doors for her, and accepted me as a friend on facebook. I can't complain! They are getting ready for homecoming this weekend. If I'm still blogging in a week, I'll post pictures.

We've been in this ward for two months. I told the Bishop I'd take any calling except for nursery or primary. They put me in the nursery. I'm not joking. I'm not happy about it, but I accepted the calling anyway. They promised me it would only be a six month calling. We'll see. I'm still kind of ticked off that we can't have any more children. It's been many years and I've accepted that reality. So much so that I'm not excited about smelling poopy diapers and straining my back to bend over and pick up toys. At this point in my life (and I know this sounds bad) I don't want much to do with little guys who cry, slobber, and throw things. Last Sunday was my first day in the nursery and it wasn't so bad, despite my negative attitude. I wish the lady I work with was more interesting, but maybe she'll open up with time. Ooh, well.

Guess that's it for now. I'm off to finish my bread and get dinner started. Shake-N-Bake chicken and mashed potatoes. Comfort food. I love the fall!

2 comments:

  1. It's good to hear from you on your blog again! I hope you all like your schools and jobs. I think you are amazing for home-schooling part time and working, and doing the nursery calling, not to mention cooking, cleaning, raising teenagers... I hope you write again. I love you Becky!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see you're back online! I love reading your blog!

    ReplyDelete